Ski tours in the High Tauern National Park
Skitouring days in the realm of the Großglockner
Matrei in East Tyrol lies approx. 30km north of the idyllic alpine town of Lienz in the heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park. As a starting point for ski tours, the village, situated at almost 1,000 m above sea level, is particularly well suited, since all the important ski tour regions of East Tyrol can be reached from there shortly: Tauern Valley, Virgental, Kals and Defereggental. The ski tours in the Hohe Tauern National Park make the hearts of the more experienced ski tourers beat faster. Ski touring possibilities include Berger Kogel (2,656m), Hohes Tor (2,477m), Graue Schimme (3,053m) and many more.
Day 1: Arrival, briefing, dinner
Day 2 – 6: Five unforgettable ski touring days tailored to snow conditions and technical level
Included in the price
– 5 touring days with state-certified mountain guide
– 5 overnight stays with half board in hotel/bed camp
– Technical rental equipment (harness, crampons, avalanche equipment – if you need any equipment, please tell us 10 days in advance)
Not included in the price
– Arrival and departure (possible with public transport)
– Overnight stay on the departure day
– Catering on the way
– Personal expenses
! Single room surcharge on request
We will be happy to plan the tour in order suit your personal expectations, your level, your desired accommodation and the size of your group. As us and we will make you an individual offer.