Freeride – Crossing the Dolomites
Downhill through the Dolomites Marmolada – Sesto
Skiing is the chief focus of this tour through the Dolomites. By using the lifts we save plenty of time we would otherwise have to spend climbing (800 m gain), and are able to enjoy the downhill runs! Experience this 5-day crossing of the Dolomites from the Pala group to the Sesto Dolomites.
Meet in Sesto, briefing, equipment check. Check-in and dinner.
Day 1: Start in Sesto, mini bus journey to Marmolada. Freeriding on Marmolada.
Subsequent short climb with skins to the pistes, on to Passo Pordoi followed by overnight stay.
Day 2: Cable car ride up Pordoi.
Short climb with skins to Forcella di Mezzodì, then approx. 1-1½ hours downhill ride through Val Mesdi – probably the most well-known classics in the Dolomites.
Then on by taxi to Passo Falzarego and by Lagazuoi cable car up Lagazuoi to the Alpine hut of the same name.
Relaxation in the highest sauna in the Eastern Alps at over 3000 m and unimpeded views of the sunset.
Day 3: Freeriding on Lagazuoi, final descent to Cortina D´Ampezzo.
Then on to Misurina for overnight stay.
Day 4: Snowmobile ride to Rifugio Auronzo.
Then with skins between the Three Peaks to Rifugio Locatelli.
Descent to Sesto.
– 4 nights with half board in twin bed rooms in Alpine huts and hotels
– Car hire – local taxi transfers
– Accompanied and guided by qualified mountain and ski guides (4 days)
– Emergency equipment (Avalanche transceiver, shovel, avalanche probe) available for hire – if needed, please notify us at least 10 days before the start of the trip
– Additional meals, snacks and drinks
– Single supplement, only limited availability
– Lift tickets, costs for snowmobiles (approx. 20 Euro)
– Personal expenses