Hoch Tirol – the queen of the Eastern Alps
Impressive crossing of the Eastern Alps including the Großvenediger (3.667m) and Großglockner (3.798m). This high-level ski tour leads along the main ridge of the Alps through the wild, glaciated mountain world of the High Tauern and the Grossglockner group.
The traverse rewards you with a 3,000-metre-high and fantastic downhill run every day, but requires a great deal of stamina and technical skill and is therefore only recommended for experienced ski tourers*.
Day 1: Arrival in Prettau in the Valle Aurina valley
Day 2: Via the Umbaltörl and the Reggentörl to the Essener-Rostocker-Hütte
Day 3: Up the Großen Geiger and to the Johannishütte hut
Day 4: Up the Großvenediger – departure via the Schlatenkees to the Matreier Tauernhaus hut
Day 5: Via the Amertaler Höhe and the Sonnblick to the Rudolfshütte hut
Day 6: Up the Granatspitze and through the Dorfertal to Kals – drive to the Lucknerhaus – ascent to the Stüdlhütte hut
Day 7: Ascent of the Großglockner, the highest mountain in Austria – return to the Val PusteriaValley
Included in the price
– 6 touring days with state-certified mountain guide
– 6 overnight stays with half board in hotel/bed camp
– Transfers according to program
– Technical rental equipment (harness, crampons, avalanche equipment – if you need any equipment, please tell us 10 days in advance)
Not included in the price
– Arrival and departure (possible with public transport)
– Overnight stay on the departure day
– Catering on the way
– Personal expenses
! Single room surcharge on request
We will be happy to plan the tour in order suit your personal expectations, your level, your desired accommodation and the size of your group. As us and we will make you an individual offer.